Exercise to create a paper prototype based on a fictional app that allows user to time travel. A key path scenario and persona was provided to guide the design process.
Design a paper prototype of 'ReverseTime' a time travel application that allows users to travel back in time.
Graduate coursework assignment
The key path scenario and a persona was provided for this exercise
Based on the provided scenario for this exercise, I began by extracting actions where the user interacts with the ReverseTime app.
1. The user takes their phone out and opens the ReverseTime app.
2. The user quickly sets the time for February 1st, 2018, 8:00 am.
3. The app reminds him that they are going to use their last time traveling token and requires them to confirm if they are aware of that.
4. The user confirms using the token and proceeds.
5. The ReverseTime app informs the user that it has initiated the time traveling process.
6. The ReverseTime app informs the user that the time traveling process was successful.
Once establishing the actions, I begin to plan out on paper the flow of the prototype.
After finalizing the flow of the prototype, I can begin to create the paper prototype. For this I used index cards.
Once the paper prototype was created, all there was left to do was create a video showing the scenario.